2018 Terri Lynne Lokoff/Children's TYLENOL® National Child Care Teacher Awards
Recognizing the need to raise the status of child care teachers and the need for quality child care, the Terri Lynne Lokoff Child Care Foundation (TLLCCF) created the Terri Lynne Lokoff/Children's TYLENOL® National Child Care Teacher Awards.
This award acknowledges the critical role of child care teachers in providing quality early care and education. Child care teachers from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and on U.S. Military bases and installations around the world are invited to apply.
About the Award:
- Fifty teachers win each year.
- Each award recipient receives $500 for the teacher's personal use and up to $500 to implement the project.
- An award ceremony takes place each spring in Pennsylvania.
- Hotel and transportation are provided for the recipients.
o A paid trip to historic Philadelphia
o Meet with peers and exchange ideas
o Excellent educational experience
o FUN: portraits, special ceremony, after party
- Out of the 50 teachers, one receives The Helene Marks Award and the honor of being named the National Child Care Teacher of the Year, and receives an additional $1,000. Contenders for this award are the top ten scorers of the 50 recipients who answer a series of questions, scores based on a rubric.
- The TLLCCF has proudly presented this prestigious award since 1994.